Once you have signed up as a reseller, you might want to know how the process goes from that point on. It requires about 5-10 minutes of your time each day to monitor any customer payments and process any domain registrations or renewals.
You interact with your customers
- First of all you use a special link with your/our CMS to create your own customer websites (or they use the free trial link on your own website)
- Once the website is ready to go live, you can change it's status yourself to make it live. (make sure it is on the right hosting plan first)
- You should ensure you get at least a first months payment from your customer, or some sort of setup fee otherwise.
- You invoice your customers directly, for hosting fees at your own rates. (We suggest using something like Xero with recuring billing, and auto reconcilation)
- If you register any domains for your customers, you can do that yourself, (we invoice later). If your customers register any domains, you need to confirm their payment and then manually execute the registration for them.
- If your customers have a domain name renewal that is due, then they will get a notification from our system, telling them how they can pay for renewal of their domain. If a customer pays for renewal of their domain, you must action that request ASAP (eg every business day. So that means you need to check your bank accounts for new receipts, and/or email for new credit card payment notifications)
- If your customers need support, they contact you. You may then escallate the request to our support team.
We only deal with you
- At the end of each month, we invoice you for any domain names registered, or renewed, at our discounted rates.
- We also invoice at the same time you for any web hosting fees incurred. Web hosting fees are applied as per the hosting plan chosen, at standard reseller discounted rates, enabling you to make a healthy profit margin on web hosting.
- If you have a support ticket you can't deal with, then you forward it to us, we reply to you, and then you reply to your customers. If there is a particular issue that might need us to talk to the end customer directly, then with your permission, we will do that anonomously.
- If a very technical end customer does identify a relationship with us via Whois or DNS queries, then we will direct the customer back to you for sales/support and treat them professionally should there be an urgent issue or dispute.